Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Another year has been ushered in and I'm still wondering where last year vanished. It's humorous that as a child the year drags past like molasses dripping from a jar, but as we age...well, there's no need to dwell on the subject!
As I stand in awe at the year 2007, I can recall thinking when I graduated high school in the 70's that my children (should I have any) would graduate themselves in the year 2000. It seemed so "space-aged." Well, that thought came true and my own kids did graduate in 2000. Now, I look back and see the wonder and blessings that God has given me.
I am so fortunate. Never in a million years did I image that God would be using me as a tool to do His work -- a missionary of sorts.
I was always afraid to ask God to use me for fear He'd think I wanted to be a missionary that traveled to the deep parts of third world countries. It never once occured to me that God would use me where my talents lay. Once I came to grips with that I am still amazed at the many blessings which He has poured upon me.
So what's in store for 2007 with Mountain Breeze Ministries? Well, we're still working on publication. That's a personal dream and one I feel confident God will provide when the time is right. But first and foremost, 2007 will bring more devotions, and more in our series of Christians with the Heart of a Servant. There are some interesting and exciting people who have agreed to be interviewed. So look for that in coming months.
As I prepare these interviews with Christians whose servant hearts stand out, I am amazed at their humility. Not one that I have interviewed thinks of their example as anything unique. BUT IT IS! You see, that's the heart of a servant. When you serve with no regard to yourself. When you expect nothing more than the love of God in return. These people are special and unique individuals.
Last month we interviewed Gina Holmes of Novel Journey about her personal ministry with a blogspot that features Christian Authors.
We are all called as Christians to serve, and when we use our talents to serve others, God is pleased and He blesses us with abundance.
May your new year be blessed. May you find your own servant's heart. Then let me know about it. You may just be the next interview.
Happy New Year!