Wednesday, October 01, 2008

I Will Rise -- Ariel Allison


"I love those that love Me, and those that seek me early shall find me."
Proverbs 8:17 (KJV)

The alarm clock comes to life at 5:00, squawking its harsh metallic sound into the silence of my bedroom. I hit snooze and roll over. Three minutes later it blares to life again, pulling me from sleep. My hand reaches out and pushes the button. I sink into the warmth of my bed, unwilling to start this day.

And then, a whisper in mind, penned by Solomon centuries ago for his beloved, words that have a new meaning for me...

I will rise now and seek the one that my soul loves...(Song of Solomon 3:2)

Awake. I don't want to be awake right now. But I know of no other way to start this day that promises to be challenging and will require much of me. A day that I must be patient and kind. Gentle and filled with self-control. A day that I must be wife and mommy and keeper of my home. These days can be long.

So I crawl out of bed, my feet pressing into carpet and bearing the weight of my body - a body now round with child.

I will rise now and seek the one that my soul loves...

I sit here, the hem of dawn still black with night, my eyes and my heart slowly awakening to a holy moment. Silence. Peace. Rest. And worship. My heart is called to worship the One who orders my day. My fingers trace the lines of His love letter. I mouth the words in silence, fearful of waking little ones in the next room.

And He says to me:

"I love those that love Me, and those that seek me early shall find me."
Proverbs 8:17 (KJV)

I am loved. And I have found Him.



Ariel Allison writes, reads, and lives in a small Texas town with her husband and three young sons. She is the co-author of Daddy Do You Love Me: a Daughter’s Journey of Faith and Restoration (New Leaf Press, 2006). Her days are filled with toothless grins, muddy hands, and a never ending stream of words that try to find their way to her laptop. She ponders life as a mother of all boys at www.themoabclub.blogspot.com and her thoughts as a redeemed dreamer at www.arielallison.blogspot.com. She and her husband are expecting their fourth son in December.