Thursday, January 05, 2006

WHATEVER.....Phil. 4:8


WHATEVER....
I've come to the conclusion, the more I write the more I love to write. Every morning or evening, when I sit down to write a devotional, I ask, "Well, God. What's on your mind today?" And I find myself flipping through scripture, picking out the perfect one. Odd thing is, I really never know what will come first -- the idea for the content or the scripture. I'm still amazed at how inspiration works.

My husband and I went into the Bible bookstore last week and right in front of me were all these little tiny pictures of framed scripture. I grabbed a pen and started jotting down the scripture locations. There must have been twenty scriptures individually framed -- scripture I hadn't had a clue was there. The meditations God and I are writing are using less familiar scripture and seeing this list of wonderful one liners made my creative juices start to fly.

Anyone who knows me, knows one of my favorite scriptures is Phlippians 4:8. I raised my kids saying, "If you ever get in a situation where you are unsure what to do, Philippians 4:8 it. "...whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever, is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable -- if anything is excellent or praiseworthy -- think about such things."

The perfect answer to any situation you are unsure of your actions. If it fits the critieria then you've made the right decision. So, I am forever mumbling beneath my breathe, "Philippians 4:8, Phillipians 4:8) Sometimes I'm in situations where I really have to grit my teeth and repeat that phrase. :) Still, it is a scripture with great wisdom attached.

As we moved through the bookstore, my husband picked up a card with a little broach attached. The pin was shaped in the forms of letters. GUESS WHAT THEY WERE? Yep, you got it. WHATEVER! He started laughing and handed me the pin. The cardboard piece that held "whatever" contained the scripture, PHILIPPIANS 4:8. Shesh...it took the industry long enough to realize I had something there! (laughing). I've taken that pin everywhere but I've left it attached to the card with the scripture. It's great. Once I've shown it to the world, then I'll start to wear it.

The fact remains, it's inspiration. God fed inspiration. What inspires you? I have a friend who publishes a wonderful BLOG. www.firstnoveljourney.blogspot.com. You can actually click on her name in the right margin and go there. (Gina Holmes)

Gina and I met two years ago at a writer's conference in North Carolina. I don't know why, we just connected. I'm very middle aged and she's very NOT but we found enjoyable common ground. Humor, passion for the same ideas, family...kids (we both have sons). We stayed in close touch. Gina has proven to be a wonderful mentor for me in the writing dept. She's honest and intelligent -- not to mention she has taught me volumes on writing. All of which she's done free of charge, and with a smile on her computer face. (I can't see her flesh face from my computer) God has given her a gift. Last year at the conference, we shared a room together where she informed me about this BLOG STUFF (gee, thanks Gina..I guess I appreciate you bringing me into the 21st century.)

Anyway, she has found God leading her into promoting authors...Christian authors. Her blog is wonderful so I encourage you to check it out. She has been a form of inspiration to me for two years, a blessing and a joy. She is serving God by being a support tool to published authors as she works to become one herself. Weekly Gina runs a contest with some pretty cool prizes. Now, I ask you,,,who in their right mind doesn't love a prize?

Visit Gina's personal ministry on the blog. Scroll down at the numbers of authors she's already interviewed. See their work, go to the book store and buy their books, jot them a note on the blog or to them personally for they are offering inspiration as well.

HERE, HERE! Raise your plastic sippie cups of milk to a woman on a mission. TO GINA! And Gina.....whatever!